vendakka / lady’s finger 1/2 kg
green chili 2
shallots 10 – 15 (finely chopped)
garlic (optional) 2 (crushed)
turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
curry leaves few
dry red chili 1
oil 1 tablespoon
1. Wash okra twice or thrice in cold clear water. Pat it dry and chop them into pieces.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan, add the chopped okra pieces, and saute till the slimness goes off. Transfer it to a plate and keep it aside.
3. In the same pan, heat rest of the oil. When oil is hot enough, splutter mustard seeds. Once mustard seeds splutter, add curry leaves, crushed garlic and dry red chili. Saute for few seconds.
4. Then add chopped shallots and saute till it becomes brownish in color.
5. Now add the sauteed okra pieces. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, and cook for 3 – 4 minutes without covering.
6. Vendakka mezhukkupuratti is ready. Serve with rice and curry.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving