okra / vendakka / lady’s finger – 2 cups
curd – 1 cup
green chillies – 4 -5 (chopped)
mustard seeds – 1 tsp
curry leaves – few
dry red chilly – 2
1. Wash and pat dry the okra. Cut it into thin round slices. Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the okra and chopped green chillies. Fry it nicely till the okras become brownish on the sides. Toss it periodically and take care not to burn it.
3. Once the okra is done, transfer it to a bowl and allow it to cool.
4. When it cools, add curd/yogurt to it. Add salt at this stage and mix it well.
5. In a pan heat a teaspoon of coconut oil, add mustard seeds. Allow it to splutter. Then add curry leaves and dry red chilly. Fry it for a second and then add this to the yogurt mixture . Mix it well
6. Leave it aside for 10 minutes. Then serve it with hot steaming rice.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
enjoy cooking and serving