|vendakka / okra||1 1/2 cups|
|Onion (chopped)||1 (medium)|
|Green chillies||4 – 5|
|coconut (scraped)||1/2 cup|
|coriander powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|garlic (optional||2 – 3|
|cumin seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add chopped onion and green chillies. Saute till onion becomes soft.
3. Then add chopped okra pieces along with enough salt and fry on high flame for 2 – 3 minutes. Then cook covered for 10 – 12 minutes in low flame. Stir in between to avoid burning.
4. Meanwhile, grind coarsely, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garlic, cumin seeds and scraped coconut.. Keep it aside.
5. Check whether the okra pieces are cooked well. Then add the ground paste to the sauteed okra along with curry leaves, sprinkle some water and cook for 5 – 6 minutes in medium low flame or till the entire water is evaporated.
6. Then add curd, mix it slowly and remove from fire. Finally add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, and your dish is ready.
7. Serve it with rice and sambar.
Other similar recipes:
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving