Today, I am back with another sundal recipe – a sweet sundal made with black eyed beans or vanpayar / karamani. This is not just a sundal for me, but a snack which I have grown up with and with which my kids grow up. As I have already mentioned here, I always prefer to give healthy snack to my kids and this is one such dish which is easy to make, tasty and healthy. Kids would definitely love it. Yesterday, I posted moongdal sundal, which was a spicy version. Now to the recipe..
|vellapayar / blackeyed beans||1/2 cup|
|jaggery (grated)||4 tablespoon|
|coconut (scraped)||4 tablespoon|
|cardamom powder / elaichi powder||a pinch|
|Water||1/2 cup +2 tablespoon|
|dry ginger powder / chukku podi||a pinch|
|salt||a small pinch|
1. Soak vanpayar in enough water for 5 – 6 hours. Drain the water completely.
2. Pressure cook it with 1/2 cup water for 2 – 3 whistles. Don’t overcook it. It will get mashed if overcooked.
3. Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons of water in a pan, add jaggery to it and wait till it melts. Strain it to remove the impurities.
4. Add the melted jaggery to a pan, Then add cooked beans (strain water if any) and mix well till everything gets mixed well.
5. Once the moisture is gone, add grated coconut to it and mix well. Finally add dry ginger powder and cardamom powder. Mix well.
6. Sundal is ready.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving