vegetarian omelette recipe | eggless omelet – a tasty omelette recipe for vegetarians.
The method of preparing veg omelette is very similar to that of besan chilla. I haven’t added any vegetables here, but you can add any veggies of your choice like carrots, spinach or others.
It is a best choice for a light breakfast or snack.
vegetarian omelette recipe
- gram flour or besan – 1 cup
- maida or all-purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- onion – 1, finely chopped
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons
- salt – to taste
- water – as required to make batter
- butter – as required
- black pepper powder – as required
how to make vegetarian omeletts recipe
1. Add gram flour, maida, turmeric powder, salt to a bowl. Add water little by little and mix well without lumps. Do not add all the water together. Add the rest of the water to reach the desired consistency.
2. Next add baking powder and whisk well so that everything gets mixed well.
3. To this batter add finely chopped onion, green chili, coriander leaves, and mix well.
4. The batter should be of smooth flowing consistency.
5. Heat a pan and brush it with butter. Add one spoonful of batter, tilt and spread the batter in circular motion.
6. Sprinkle crushed pepper on top. Cook on medium flame for 2 minutes.
7. Flip and cook on the other side too.
8. vegetarian omelette is ready. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.