vegetable tart recipe or vegetable tartlets – tasty and easy to make tart recipe.
vegetable tarts are a great treat for kids and elders. It is a baked snack recipe with vegetable filling and topped with cheese. It is easy to prepare at home.
vegetable tart recipe
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 50 minutes
recipe type: snacks
serves: 2 – 3
for tart cases:
- all-purpose flour or maida – 1 and 1/4 cups
- butter – 1/2 cup
- ice water – 3 tablespoons
for vegetable mixture:
- onion – 1, finely chopped
- corn kernels – 1/2 cup, boiled
- carrots – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- beans – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- spring onion – 2 tablespoon, finely chopped
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- oregano – as required
- basil – as required
- salt – to taste
- vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- grated cheese – as required
how to make vegetable tart recipe
to make tart:
1.Sieve the flour and keep it aside. Rub the cold butter into the flour and mix well with your fingers. You can also add the sieved flour into a food processor or a mixer along with the cold butter (the butter must be cold and cut into cubes), and pulsate in two or three pulses.
2. Add the ice water little by little and make a stiff dough If you are using a food processor, add ice cold water and pulsate or blend till everything is mixed well. Pour the dough into a bowl and mix it, cover it and keep it refrigerated for 30 minutes.
3. Lightly flour a rolling pin and a rolling board and keep aside. Knead the dough once more and divide it into equal portions.
4. Now roll out each portion of the dough and cut small circles of 4″ in diameter using a cookie cutter.
5. Place the circle into a tart case and press the circle gently along the sides of the tart case. Repeat the steps to make more tarts. Prick them all over with the help of a fork.
6. preheat an oven at 180-degree centigrade for 10 minutes. Arrange the prepared tarts on a baking tray and place them inside the oven.
7. Blind bake them in a preheated oven at 180-degree centigrade for 30 minutes. Blind baking is baking the tart cases by putting a baking paper on top of the tarts and filling them with rice or baking beans.
vegetable filling for tart
8. For the vegetable filling, heat a pan with oil. Add in the chopped onion and saute till golden brown.
9. Now add in ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, salt and mix well. Then add the chopped vegetables. Saute well for a few minutes.
10. Finally add the corns, oregano, and basil. Mix well. Turn off the flame.
11. Fill the prepared tartlets with the vegetable filling, sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake them at 180-degree centigrade in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
12. vegetable tart is ready.