veg cutlet recipe | vegetable cutlet with step by step pics – veg cutlet is an easy, tasty snack recipe made with a mixture of vegetables. It can be served with green chutney or with simple tomato ketchup.
vegetable cutlet | veg cutlet recipe with step by step photos – cutlets can be made and enjoyed on a rainy day or can be served as a tea time snack or it can be served for parties. They are made with a mixture of vegetables. Any vegetable available at home can be used. I have carrot, beans, and peas.
Usually, breadcrumbs are added to the cooked and mashed vegetables to give a cutlet its firmness, but here I have added oats flour while making veg cutlet for binding. It is healthy, filling and nutritious.
It is very easy to make veg cutlet at home. Just steam cook all the vegetables, mash them, add spice powders, make patties, and fry them. Potatoes help in binding. You can also use sweet potato instead.
Monsoon season is nearing and this is the time when we crave for snacks and quite forget about the calorie content. This veg cutlet is one such easy monsoon recipe which you can prepare easily at home. making vegetable cutlet is a breeze if you have cooked potato at home.
You can serve these vegetable cutlets with green chutney or with tomato ketchup.
veg cutlet recipe | vegetable cutlet
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Recipe type: snacks
Serves: 3 – 4
- potato – 2, medium
- mixed vegetables – 1 and 1/2 cups finely chopped (carrots, beans, peas)
- onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- grated ginger – 3/4 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- roasted cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- all-purpose flour – 2 tablespoons
- bread crumbs – 1/2 cup, divided
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- oil – for shallow frying
how to make veg cutlet recipe with step by step photos
1.Chop all the vegetables and place them on a steamer plate. Steam cook or boil vegetables with salt. Drain the excess moisture. Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add finely chopped onion, ginger, green chili and saute on medium flame till onion becomes pinkish in color.
3. Add the steam cooked vegetables, saute well for 3 – 4 minutes in medium flame. Transfer the contents to a plate and allow it to cool.
4. Mash them well.
5. Add finely chopped coriander leaves, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, and mix well. Finally, add lemon juice, mix well.
6. Add 1/4 cup of bread crumbs to it and mix all the ingredients well to make a non-sticky dough. I have added oats flour as it is healthier than breadcrumbs. I used around 4 tablespoons of oats flour. Divide the dough into equal sized balls and keep aside. Gently flatten the balls into patties. Keep aside.
7. Add maida or besan and rice flour to a bowl. Add water and make a thin paste. Keep aside. The bowl should be wide enough to place the patty inside.
8. Spread breadcrumbs on a plate. Add 1/2 teaspoon of pepper powder and mix well. Keep aside.
9. Take each patty, dip them in the maida flour mixture, and then place them on bread crumbs. Coat it with bread crumbs on all the sides. Repeat the same steps with rest of the patties. Keep it aside for 5 – 10 minutes so that the breadcrumbs stick to the patties.
10. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a tawa or a frying pan. Place the patties onto the tawa and cook on medium flame. Flip them to the other side and cook until it becomes golden brown. You get perfect cutlet when deep fried but this shallow frying is a healthy option while making cutlets at home. So I often follow the shallow frying method for making cutlets for kids. But if preparing for a party, I always deep fry them in medium flame.
11 Using a slotted spoon, transfer cutlet to a serving plate. Serve veg cutlets hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
veg cutlet recipe or vegetable cutlet
- potato - 2, medium
- mixed vegetables - 1 and ½ cups finely chopped (carrots, beans, peas)
- onion - 1 small, finely chopped
- red chili powder - ¼ teaspoon
- turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
- grated ginger - ¾ teaspoon
- garam masala powder - ½ teaspoon
- roasted cumin powder - ½ teaspoon
- salt - to taste
- coriander leaves - 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- all-purpose flour - 2 tablespoons
- bread crumbs - ½ cup, divided
- pepper powder - ½ teaspoon
- oil - for shallow frying
- Chop and steam cook vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, ginger, green chili and saute till onion turns translucent.
- Add steam cooked vegetables, saute for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Transfer the ingredients to a plate. Allow it to cool.
- Mash well.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin seed powder, salt, coriander leaves, mix well.
- Add breadcrumbs or oats flour, mix well.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls. Take each ball gently press them and make patties.
- Add 2 tablespoons of maida with water in a bowl, mix well.
- Take breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Take each patty, dip them in maida mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot enough, place each patty on the hot pan and fry on medium flame till golden.
- Serve veg cutlet with coriander chutney or with tomato ketchup.