I have already shared with you the recipe for idiyappam and had mentioned that it tastes wonderful with kurma. So today I am sharing the recipe of kurma. This goes well with chappati also. So try this idiyappam curry recipe and hope you all like it….
Other kurma / korma recipes:
Idiyappam Kurma Recipe
Vegetable Kurma for Idiyappam – Ingredients required
- Mixed vegetables (carrot, potato, beans, peas) – 2 cups
- cinnamon – 2
- cloves – 2
- cardamom / elaichi – 1
- big onion – 1
- ginger (crushed) – 1 inch piece
- tomato – 1
- green chili – 2
- red chili power – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- coriander powder / dhaniya powder – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves – 1/2 teaspoon
- curd / yogurt – 4 tablespoon
- oil – 1 – 2 tablespoon
- curry leaves – few
- coconut (scraped) – 3 tablespoon
- poppy seeds (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes) – 1 teaspoon
- cashew nuts – 5 – 6
How to Make Idiyappam Kurma
1. In a pan heat oil, saute cinnamon, elaichi and cloves for a second. Then add the chopped onions and curry leaves to it and saute again for some more time. Add ginger to this and saute again till the raw smell goes off.
4. Now add all the vegetables, saute it for some time and then add 1 cup of water. Let it come to a boil. Then reduce the flame, cover the pan with a lid and allow it to cook. (If you want, you can pressure cook it for 1 whistle)
6. Once the vegetables are cooked well, add the ground mixture and curd to the pan. Mix it well and allow it to boil. (keep the gas in sim). Add garam masala and kasuri methi (crush it before you add it) . Mix everything well.
7. Let it boil for some more time. If you find that the gravy is too thick add 2 tablespoons of milk to adjust the consistency.
8. This can be served as a side dish for idiyappam, chapati or dosa.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving