veg hakka noodles recipe, learn how to make hakka noodles at home with step by step photos – a popular indo chinese dish which is served in all restaurants and fast food joints in India. It is very easy to make. Hakka noodles mixed with vegetables and sauce to make this wonderful noodles. It can be served along with any indo chinese dish like chili paneer, or with veg manchurian.
Chinese hakka noodles is very tasty and easy to make noodles recipe. The color of the noodles depends upon the sauce used. I have used tomato sauce, chili sauce, and soya sauce, but adding tomato sauce is optional.
When you cook chinese food at home, it is always important to cook in high flame to get the perfect taste and texture for the dish.
While making veg hakka noodles, chop all vegetables into thin long strips.
veg hakka noodles recipe video
hakka noodles recipe
preparation time: 15 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
recipe type: main
serves: 2 – 3
for boiling hakka noodles
- hakka noodles – 1 packet
- water – 10 cups
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- oil – 1 tablespoon
for making veg hakka noodles
- garlic – 4 – 5 minced
- spring onion white – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- carrots – 1, small
- cabbage – 1/4 cup
- capsicum – 1, small
- beans – 4 – 5
- green chili – 1, finely chopped, optional
- soya sauce – 1 teaspoon
- chilli sauce – 1 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- vinegar – 1/2 teaspoon
- spring onion greens – 2 tablespoon, finely chopped
- salt – to taste
how to make veg hakka noodles recipe with step by step photos
for cooking hakka noodles
1. In a large pan, boil 10 – 12 cups of water with 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. When the water starts boiling, add noodles. Remember to add more amount of water than noodles and take care not to overcook them.
2. Cook uncovered on high flame for 2 – 3 minutes. Stir in between.
3. Remove from fire, drain into a colander. Immediately put cold water on the noodles in the strainer. Leave it in the strainer for 2 – 3 minutes until entire water gets drained off. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and apply on the noodles so that they do not stick to each other.
4. Spread the cooked noodles in a tray to cool until further use.
for making veg hakka noodles
5. Chop all vegetables into thin long pieces.
6. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add chopped spring onion whites, garlic and saute till the raw smell goes off.
6. Add thinly sliced vegetables, one by one and saute them on high flame for a couple of minutes. The vegetables should be just done. Don’t overcook the vegetables.
7. Add boiled hakka noodles. Mix well.
8. Add soya sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, and salt. Take two spoons and toss the hakka noodles well so that the noodles get mixed well with the veggies. Finally, add chopped spring onion greens, mix it and turn off the flame.
9. veg hakka noodles is ready. Serve hot.
veg hakka noodles recipe printable version below
- for boiling hakka noodles
- hakka noodles - 1 packet
- water - 10 cups
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- oil - 1 tablespoon
- for making veg hakka noodles
- garlic - 4 - 5 minced
- spring onion white - 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- carrots - 1, small
- cabbage - ¼ cup
- capsicum - 1, small
- beans - 4 - 5
- green chili - 1, finely chopped, optional
- soya sauce - 1 teaspoon
- chilli sauce - 1 teaspoon
- pepper powder - ¼ teaspoon
- vinegar - ½ teaspoon
- spring onion greens - 2 tablespoon, finely chopped
- salt - to taste
- Cook noodles, drain it, apply oil, and keep aside.
- Chop all vegetables length wise into thin, long stripes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot enough, add spring onion white, garlic and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped vegetables, and saute on high flame for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles, saute well.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, green chili sauce, and salt. Mix well.
- Add spring onion greens and mix well.
- Veg hakka noodles is ready. Serve hot.