|brinjal / vazhuthininga||4|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|green chilli (slit)||1|
2. Take each piece, cut them lenthwise into equal halves. Then for each half, make slits (horizontally and vertically) on both sides as shown in the second and third pic. This will help the masala to get coated completely.
4. Now to this add sliced onion.
5. Next add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, green chilli, curry leaves and salt and 1 teaspoon of oil. Combine gently with a spoon.
6. Arrange the brinjal pieces in a single layer. Now cook it covered on low flame till brinjal gets cooked. (You will find the green skin of brinjal wilted. That’s the right time. ) Keep cooking on low flame for 5- 7 minutes. Carefully stir them in between and turn them upside down.
7. Once the entire brinjal pieces are cooked, heat a tawa or griddle, place the pieces one by one with the skin side facing up. (refer pic2). Once brinjal pieces are cooked on one side, flip it and cook on the other side too.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving.