|Banana stem / Pindi (chopped)||1 cup|
|Coconut (scraped)||1/2 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Jeera powder / Jeera||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Dry red chilly||2|
|Mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
1. Clean the stem, chop it into small circles, remove the fibres in between and then chop them again into small pieces. Put them in turmeric water .
2. Drain them, add the pindi into a pan and pour enough water just to cover it. (I have used a pressure cooker and gave 2 whistles. ). Simmer on low heat and cook covered.
3. Grind coarsely, coconut, shallots, ginger and jeera / cumin powder.
4. In a pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds. Then add the dry red chilly followed by curry leaves. Sauté it for a second or two. Then add the cooked pindi to this. Add turmeric powder , chilly powder and salt. Combine every thing and sauté it well.
5. Once the water is drained completely, add the ground coconut mixture. Stir well for some time. Turn off the stove.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving