This is a very simple to make recipe. I usually make this mezhukkupuratti when I make dal palak. So what I do is I clean the potatoes in water, peel the skin and then I cook it in pressure cooker along with the dal for 3 whistles. Once the pressure subsides, I will take the potato out, mix it with the masala which is made, and then roast every thing together. This will save your time . So friends let us get to the recipe
Potato – 250 gms
onion – 1
garlic – 4-5
dry red chilly – 4
turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
chilly powder – 1 tsp
water – 1/4 cup
mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Peel the skin of potato and cut into small pieces. (Put it in water to avoid discolouring)
2. chop the onion. Grind garlic and onion (preferably shallots.)
3. In a pan add potatoes and onion. Then to this mix the ground ingredients and chilly powder and turmeric powder . Add enough salt
4. heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Add the red chilly and saute.
5. Add the potato mixture, saute nicely.
6. Then add little water. Cover with lid and allow it to cook.
7. Once cooked, remove the lid, add oil if necessary and again fry nicely for 3-4 min
8. Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot with steamed rice or curd rice.
share it to your google+, face book or tweeter friends or fans. It takes a
simple click. It will keep me motivated