|raw rice / pachari||1 1/2 cup|
|grated coconut||1 cup|
|mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|channa dal / kadala parippu||3 tablespoon|
|ginger (chopped)||2 teaspoon|
|hing / kayam||a pinch|
1. Soak raw rice in water for 20 minutes. Drain the water completely and spread rice on a paper for 1 hour. Take this rice in a mixer and dry grind it into rava consistency. Keep it aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add channa dal, ginger and dry red chillies, saute till channa dal turns brownish.
3. Now add water and salt and bring it to boil.
4. Once water starts boiling, reduce the flame and add the rice flour, keep stirring continuously.
5. As you keep stirring you have to stir nicely and press it with the back of the spatula. Finally add coconut (grated) and mix once more. Mix well without any lumps. When the water is absorbed completely, turn off the flame. Keep it aside and let it cool.
6. Once it is warm and you can handle it with your palms, take small portions and make round balls.
7. Steam in a steamer or idli maker for 5 – 10 minutes.
8. This can be served with any chutney.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving