onion – 2 big
green chilly – 1
grated coconut – 1 1/2 cup
mustard seeds – 1 tsp
dry red chilly – 1
urud dal – 1/2 tsp
1. Slice the onions finely. (I have cut into long thin slices.)
2. In a bowl, add the onions, green chilly, salt, turmeric powder and mix them gently with your hands
3. In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds. Allow it to splutter. Then add urud dal, dry red chilly, sauté for some time. Now add curry leaves.
4. Add the onion mixture to this. Sauté well. Add required amount of salt. Now sprinkle little water and cover the pan with a lid.
5. Stir in between to avoid burning.
6. Once the onions are cooked, add the grated coconut. Mix well
7. Serve with hot steaming rice.
1. If you want you can add a pinch of turmeric powder
2. The onions can be cut into long thin slices or can be chopped finely.
3. A small piece of ginger can also be added.
For more recipes:
linking this to http://nivedhanams.blogspot.in/2013/06/veggie-fruit-month-vfamonions.html for the event Veggie Fruit a Month (VFAM)–Onions and http://mharorajasthanrecipes.blogspot.in/p/veggiefruit-month-event.html
linking this to akila’s kitchen http://www.akilaskitchen.com/2013/07/dish-name-starts-with-u.html for the event dish name starts with U
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is press the corresponding button. This will keep me motivated.