top 10 lemon benefits | diy home remedies with lemon with photos – Lemon is a citrus fruit with an intense flavor, and with numerous health benefits. It is also one of the most widely used fruit in the world.
Lemon juice is used for making lemonade, nimbu pani or Indian style lemonade, especially during summer season. Moreover, we all love to drizzle few drops of lemon with our favorite chaat items. We also add lemon juice while making salads. Among all these lemonade is the most common lemon drink we make at home. These are some of the non cooking ways we use lemon in our regular diet. But along with that it is also used for cooking purposes. You can also make lemon rice, lemon aval.
Lemon is called as “nimbu” in Hindi, “naranga” in Malayalam, “elumiccai” in Tamil, and “nimbe” in kannada. They are called as “limbe” in Marathi and Gujrati.
top 7 lemon benefits | diy home remedies with lemon with step by step photos – Lemon is rich in vitamin C, and are effective in curing digestion problems. There are also myths that lemon helps in weight loss, skin problems. It can also be used for cleaning utensils, and removing foul smell from the refrigerator.
lemons are also used in baking as a leavening agent and the addition of lemon zest gives a nice flavor to the dish. You can check baking with lemon with recipes like lemon cornmeal cake, lemon butter bars
Here I have mentioned simple benefits of lemon and 7 easy ways to use lemon at home. Now let us see how lemons can be made use of in our day to day life.
tips of lemon and lemon benefits
1. lemon to freshen up your refrigerator
lemon acts as an astringent to remove foul smell.
- Dip a cloth in lemon juice and wipe the interior of the refrigerator. This will produce a pleasant fragrance.
- Also, cut a lemon, and place it inside the refrigerator with the cut side facing upwards. This will absorb any foul smell remaining in your refrigerator. Do not forget to change the lemon at least once in a week.
2. lemon to clean a stained pressure cooker
lemon also acts as a wonderful cleaning agent.
- Add water to a stained pressure cooker along with few slices of lemon. You can also try the same with leftover lemon zest.
- Boil it for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lemon slices, drain the water, and scrub lightly with a scrub and soap solution. Rinse well.
3. lemon for discolored elbows
lemon contains citric acid, a natural bleaching agent which can help to lighten skin tone.
- Cut lemon into half. Squeeze out the juice. Rub one-half over your elbow for a few minutes. Let it remain on your elbows for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Repeat this step several times a week for better results.
4. lemon for bleeding gums
Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant and is also useful for curing gum related problems. Lemon is rich in vitamin C and can be used to prevent bleeding gums.
- Mix lemon juice and salt to make a paste. Apply it to your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water after a few minutes.
5. lemon juice for constipation and piles
lemon juice contains various nutrients which gives you relief from piles.
- Take a cup of milk
- Cut lemon squeeze half a lemon into a cup of milk. Stir and drink.
6. lemon to burn calories
Intake of lemon juice with warm water and honey to empty stomach will burn few calories.
7. lemon to treat common cold
lemons are rich in Vitamin C, which helps fight against common cold.
- Add lemon juice to hot tea.
- Add honey, mix well.
- Drink hot.
lemon can also be consumed in the form of lemon rasam.
- lemon is acidic in nature and hence excess consumption of lemon juice may cause heart burn.
- Always store lemon in sealed plastic bags.