Tomato soup – a very tasty soup with tomatoes as the main ingredient. It is very popular in all the Indian restaurants and hence today, I am sharing recipe of very popular Indian style tomato soup. Though you can buy soups from restaurants or now a days, easy to make readymade soups are available, but nothing can beat the taste of homemade tomato soup. The taste and flavor of fresh soup made at home with fresh tomatoes.. hmm.. yumm… Now a days it is soup season in my house as my younger one, who don’t prefer eating rice for lunch, daily prefers soup. So with a variation one or the other soups are made on a daily basis. So this tomato soup recipe is one among them. This is an easy to make soup recipe. Do try it.. Now to the recipe..
tomato soup recipe
- tomato – 4
- garlic – 2 – 3
- onion – 1, small
- bay leaf – 1
- pepper corns – 1/4 teaspoon
- butter – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
- water – 1 cup
- corn starch – 1 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- sugar – 1 teaspoon
- cream – 2 tablespoons
- croutons – few
how to make tomato soup recipe with step by step photos
2. In a pan, take enough water, so that tomatoes get immersed completely. Let it start boiling.
3. Make cross-cut slit (or plus sign) at the bottom of the tomatoes and this will ensure even cooking.
4. Once the water starts boiling, slowly, add the tomatoes one by one. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes on medium heat. Drain the tomatoes and let it cool down.
5. Heat a frying pan, add the bread pieces to it and roast it on medium flame till it becomes brownish on both sides. (You can also toast it in oven)
5. Mean while, in a pan, heat butter, add bay leaf and saute for few seconds. Then add chopped garlic and saute till the raw smell goes off. Then add chopped onion and saute again. This will take around 10 – 12 seconds. Turn off the stove.
6. Then peel off the skin, cut into pieces and add it to mixer jar. Now add the sauteed garlic pieces also to it. (Remove the bay leaf. This can be used later. ). Grind it to a smooth paste.
7. Now strain this ground tomato paste using a strainer to remove the seeds. Press nicely with the back of a spoon and take the entire juice. Add 1 cup of water to it.
8. In a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of corn flour and 2 teaspoons of water. Mix well. Keep it aside.
9. Now again boil the soup by adding bay leaf, salt and sugar. Boil for 3 – 4 minutes. Then add corn flour mixture, give it a quick stir. Boil until thick consistency is reached. Season with black pepper, adjust salt and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
10. Finally turn off the stove and add cream.
11. Cut the toasted bread pieces and add it to the soup just before serving. Finally garnish with cream if necessary.
1. You can also make the toast in oven. Place the bread in the oven at 200-degree celsius and toast until brown and crisp.
2. You can also add 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce while boiling (after the straining process). This will increase the taste.