For large quantities
1. Clean tomatoes nicely under clear running water .
2. Make a cross cut slit (or plus sign) at the bottom of the tomatoes. This will ensure even cooking. Keep it aside.
3. In a bowl, add enough water and bring it to boil. Now slowly add the tomatoes to it. Cook it for 10 – 15 minutes on medium heat.
4. After 10 – 15 minutes, remove the tomatoes and slowly put it in cold water and leave it for 5 minutes. This will make the tomatoes easy to handle.
5. Now you can see that the skin starts splitting.
6. Take the tomatoes out and peel the skin.
7. Cut the tomatoes into half. Remove the seeds and juice also from it.
8. Now using a mixer, grind it to form a smooth paste. (If you don’t want to store it for a long time, then you can stop with this step. )
9. If you want to store puree for a long time, then boil the puree obtained in 8 with vinegar, sugar and salt. Simmer the puree until you get the desired consistency.
10. Allow it to cool and store in air tight containers.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving