|basmati rice||1 cup|
|water||1 1/4 cup (and little more)|
|coriander leaves||1 tablespoon|
|mint leaves||10 – 12|
|fennel seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|red chilli powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|ginger garlic paste||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Wash rice and soak basmati rice in water for half an hour. Drain the water and keep it aside.
2. Grind tomatoes and keep it aside.
3. In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Add cinnamon, cloves, aniseed, fennel seeds, bay leaves and saute for a few seconds.
4. Then add sliced onion and saute well till it turns translucent. Then add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and saute till the raw smell goes off.
5. Then add coriander leaves and mint leaves. Saute well.
6. Now add tomato paste, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and saute nicely.
7. Next add water and salt. When water starts boiling, add the drained rice, mix well.
8. Bring the flame to low, cover the pressure cooker with lid, put the weight and let it cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn off the stove.
9. Once the pressure subsides, open the cooker and fluff it up with a fork. Tomato pulao is ready.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving