tomato pasta recipe |red sauce pasta | pasta in red sauce – one of the easiest pasta recipe which can be made at home.
pasta is a very popular dish in Italian cuisine, and tomato pasta or red sauce pasta is one of the easiest pasta recipe to prepare at home.
As I told you before I don’t make pasta very often. I often make Indian breakfast recipes like idli, dosa, aloo paratha, and others. But kids prefer pasta and so I prepare pasta once in a while. Whenever I decide to make pasta, I make pasta sauce or white sauce well in advance so that I can make it easily in the morning and keep them in the refrigerator. You will find very few pasta recipes in this website like white sauce pasta, pasta arrabbiata. But yesterday, when I prepared pasta sauce, I thought of sharing this easy red sauce pasta recipe.
pasta with red sauce or tomato pasta is prepared with homemade pasta sauce.
tomato pasta recipe | red sauce pasta
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
recipe type: main
serves: 2 – 3
for cooking pasta
- penne pasta or fusilli pasta – 1 and 1/2 cups
- water – 6 cups
- salt – to taste
red sauce for pasta
- olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- tomato – 3 – 4, medium
- onion – 1, small
- garlic – 4 – 5, crushed
- basil leaves – 1 teaspoon, chopped
- bay leaf – 1, remove when done
- carrot – 1/2, grated
- italian seasoning – 1/2 tablespoon
- black pepper powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- red chili flakes – 1 teaspoon
- tomato sauce – 2 teaspoons
- salt – to taste
- sugar – 1 teaspoon
- cheese – 3 tablespoons, parmesan or any cheese (optional)
how to make tomato pasta or red sauce pasta recipe
1.Bring water to a boil in a pan. When the water starts boiling, add pasta, salt, a teaspoon of oil, stir once. Cook till done. It will take approximately 10 – 12 minutes to cook the pasta. Stir in between to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2. Drain the excess water by transferring the cooked pasta to a large colander or a strainer. Keep aside.
3. Now let us prepare tomato puree. Put x marks on the tomatoes.
4. Bring water to a boil in a pan. When the water starts boiling, add the tomatoes, cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until the skin starts coming out. Turn off the flame. Allow it to cool.
5. Peel off the skin, and grind it to a smooth puree.
6. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add finely chopped onion, garlic and saute for a few minutes till onion turns translucent.
7. Add grated carrot and saute till they wilt.
8. Add the prepared tomato puree, bay leaf, basil leaf. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water. Mix well. Cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
9. Add salt, sugar, italian seasoning, black pepper powder, red chili flakes, and tomato sauce. Mix well. Cover and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes.
10. Add the boiled pasta, mix gently making sure that the sauce has coated well. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
11. tomato pasta is ready. Serve red sauce pasta garnished with parmesan cheese or any other cheese of your choice.
red sauce pasta recipe | tomato pasta
- for cooking pasta
- penne pasta or fusilli pasta - 1 and ½ cups
- water - 6 cups
- salt - to taste
- red sauce for pasta
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- tomato - 3 - 4, medium
- onion - 1, small
- garlic - 4 - 5, crushed
- basil leaves - 1 teaspoon, chopped
- bay leaf - 1, remove when done
- carrot - ½, grated
- italian seasoning - ½ tablespoon
- black pepper powder - ¾ teaspoon
- red chili flakes - 1 teaspoon
- tomato sauce - 2 teaspoons
- salt - to taste
- sugar - 1 teaspoon
- other ingredients
- cheese - 3 tablespoons, parmesan or any cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta in enough water with a teaspoon of oil and salt.
- Drain into a colander, keep aside.
- Mark x on the tomatoes and add them to boiling water. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Peel off the skin, and grind to a smooth puree. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add crushed garlic, finely chopped onion and saute till onion turns translucent.
- Add grated carrots and saute till they wilt.
- Add tomato puree, bay leaf, basil leaves, cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add italian seasoning, salt, sugar, pepper powder, mix well.
- Cook for another 5 - 6 minutes.
- Add boiled and drained pasta, mix well carefully. Add grated cheese on top.
- tomato pasta is ready.