tomato halwa recipe – a rich and tasty dessert. tomato halwa also called as thakkali halwa is an easy dessert which can be prepared during all festivals.
tomato halwa is a tasty Indian dessert made with tomato, sugar, ghee and nuts which is made during Ramdan festival. tomato is an easily and readily available ingredient in all kitchens. So this tasty dessert can be prepared easily within no time.
tomato halwa recipe
- tomato puree- 1 cup
- sugar- 3/4 – 1 cup
- corn flour – 2 tablespoons
- ghee- 4 Tbsp
- cashew nuts, almonds – few, cut into pieces
how to make tomato halwa recipe
1.Wash and boil tomatoes in enough water for 10 minutes. Allow it to cool. Peel the skin and grind it to a smooth paste.
2. Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan. Fry cashew nuts and badam till it turns brownish in color.
3. Once it starts changing color, add tomato puree, sugar and cardamom powder. Keep stirring continuously until the sugar melts and blends with the puree.
4. After some time you will find the mixture bubbling, reduce the flame to medium and keep cooking for few more minutes.
5. Add corn flour to a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of water to it. Mix well without lumps.
6. Reduce the flame to low and then slowly pour the cornflour mixture and keep stirring continuously in order to avoid lumps.
7. Keep stirring until it thickens and reaches halwa consistency.
8. Pour it into a greased plate, cut into desired shapes and serve. Or tomato halwa can be served as such.