tomato garlic chutney recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 10 mins
recipe type: chutney
serves: 2 – 3
- tomato – 2
- garlic – 6 – 7 cloves
- dry red chili – 6 – 7
- tamarind – one small piece
- onion – 1 small, roughly chopped
- salt – to taste
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- oil – 1 teaspoon
- mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves – few
- hing or asafoetida powder – a pinch
how to make tomato garlic chutney for idli dosa
2. Then add tomatoes and cook till it becomes mushy Transfer it to another plate and allow it to cool.
3 Once cooled blend it into a smooth paste.
4. In another pan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil, add the ingredients given under for tempering, and then add it to the chutney.
5. Chutney is ready. Serve it with idli or dosa.
garlic tomato chutney recipe below
- 2 medium sized tomato
- 6 to 7 garlic
- 6 to 7 dry red chili
- one small piece tamarind
- 1 onion, small roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
- a pinch of hing or asafoetida powder
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic, dry red chili,onion and tamarind into it and saute well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute well till they turn mushy.
- Add salt, mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Transfer them to a mixer jar, and grind to a smooth paste.
- Transfer chutney to a serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, hing, saute for a second.
- Add the tempering to the chutney. Mix well.
- Serve tomato garlic chutney with idli dosa.