tomato basil pull apart rolls recipe – tasty bread recipe perfect for dinner.
This is an easy to make bread recipe which can be served for dinner, but it would be a great appetizer too.
tomato basil pull apart rolls recipe
preparation time: 2 hours
cooking time: 25 minutes
recipe type: baked snacks
serves:3 – 4
- bread flour – 3 and 1/4 cups
- active dry yeast – 2 teaspoons
- sugar – 2 tablespoons
- luke warm whole milk – 3/4 cu
- olive oil or butter – 3 tablespoons
- tomato paste – 1/4 cup
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- mozzarella cheese – 1 cup, shredded
- dried basil – 2 teaspoons
- garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- oregano – 1 teaspoon
- chili flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
how to make tomato basil pull apart rolls
2. In a large bowl, add tomato paste, oil, salt, yeast mixture, 1 cup of flour and beat well on a medium speed until smooth. Stir in the remaining flour to form a soft dough. The dough will be sticky.
3. Now place the dough onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap; let it rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
4. In a bowl, add all the ingredients mentioned under “for filling” and toss them.
5. Now punch down the dough, turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16×12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with filling to within 1/2 in. of edges.
6. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
7. Place, cut side down, in a parchment paper – lined 10-inches in a cast iron skillet. Cover with a kitchen towel; let it rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
8. Place some fresh cherry tomato and basil leaves on top and apply milk wash on it.
9. Preheat oven to 180 degree centigrade. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove rolls to a wire rack.
10. Serve with mayo basil sauce.