tofu paratha recipe with step by step photos. A tasty, healthy breakfast recipe with tofu.
paratha is a very popular Indian flat bread which can be made plain or with fillings. There are many popular paratha recipes like aloo paratha, methi paratha, lachha paratha, and many others. This is a stuffed paratha recipe with tofu stuffing.
tofu is a soy product which is very healthy. It is a rich source or amino acid, iron, calcium and other micronutrients. It is also gluten-free and low in calories.
Let us see how to make tofu paratha recipe with step by step photos.
tofu paratha recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
recipe type: breakfast
serves: 2 – 3
equipments used: Roti Tawa
- whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- oil – 1 tablespoon + for making paratha
- water – as required
for tofu stuffing
- tofu or soya paneer or bean curd – 1 cup, crumbled
- carrot – 1 small, grated
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- ginger – 1/2 teaspoon, grated
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- amchur powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- chaat masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- salt – to taste
how to make tofu paratha recipe with step by step photos
1.In a bowl add whole wheat flour, salt, oil. Rub well with your fingers so that the oil gets well incorporated with the flour.
2. Add water little by little and knead it to form a smooth, firm dough. Add 1 teaspoon of oil, and knead the dough once more. Cover the dough and keep it aside for 15 – 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes, take out the dough, and knead it once more. Divide it into equal sized balls. Cover and keep aside.
for tofu stuffing
3. While the dough is resting, we will prepare the filling for tofu paratha.
5. Add tofu into a large bowl. Crumble the tofu pieces using your fingers or with a fork. You can also grate them.
6. To this add grated carrots, chopped green chilies, grated ginger, garam masala, cumin seeds, red chili powder, amchur powder, chaat masala, coriander leaves, salt, and mix well. Mix well with a spoon or with your fingers and keep aside.
to make tofu paratha
7. Take two dough balls, dust it with flour. Roll out the dough into a circle using a rolling pin.
8. Place one paratha circle on a working surface and spread some filling over it. Cover with the other paratha and seal the edges.
9. Using a rolling pin, gently roll the parathas a little more.
10. Heat a tawa and grease it with oil. When the tawa is hot enough, place the prepared tofu paratha onto the hot tawa. Cook on a medium flame for a few seconds and then flip it over. At this stage add a teaspoon of ghee or oil on the upper surface.
11. Cook for a few seconds and then flip it again now the oiled side going down. Add a teaspoon of ghee or oil on the top.
12. Flip a couple of times and cook till golden brown spots appear on the surface. Once the paratha is cooked well, transfer it to a plate. Repeat the same steps with the rest of the dough. Serve tofu paratha with raita and pickle. You can pack them for your kids lunch box or use them as a travel food.
tofu paratha recipe below
- for dough
- whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- salt - ¼ teaspoon
- oil - 1 tablespoon + for making paratha
- water - as required
- for tofu stuffing
- tofu or soya paneer or bean curd - 1 cup, crumbled
- carrot - 1 small, grated
- green chili - 1, finely chopped
- cumin seeds - ½ teaspoon
- ginger - ½ teaspoon, grated
- red chili powder - ½ teaspoon
- amchur powder - ½ teaspoon
- chaat masala - ½ teaspoon
- garam masala - ½ teaspoon
- coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- salt - to taste
- Take whole wheat flour, salt, oil in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add water little by little and make soft, firm dough. Cover and keep aside for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Crumble or grate tofu. Grate carrots.
- Add tofu, carrot, ginger, green chili, red chili powder, cumin seeds, amchur powder, chaat masala, garam masala,salt, and coriander leaves into a bowl. Mix well. tofu stuffing is ready.
- Divide the wheat flour dough into equal sized balls.
- Take two balls, dust it with wheat flour and roll it into a circle. Place one dough circle aside.
- Take one circle and place it on a counter. Add tofu filling and spread it evenly.
- Take another circle, place it over the tofu stuffing and seal the edges so that the filling will not come out while cooking.
- Heat a tawa and grease it with oil.
- Place the paratha on top of it and cook on medium flame on both the sides till golden brown spots appear. Apply ghee or oil.
- tofu paratha is ready