So here comes the recipe. …..
boiled chickpea (garbanzo beans) – 1 1/2 cup
whole wheat flour – 1/4 cup
almonds – 1/4 cup
coriander leaves (chopped) – 1/4 cup
cumin powder – 1/4 teaspoon
garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
red chilly powder – 1/4 teaspoon
onion (chopped finely) – 1
green/ red bell pepper(chopped) – 1 table spoon
corn kernals (chopped finely) – 2 table spoon
olive oil / any regular oil
For making burger
jumbo buns / big size buns – 3 -4
mayonnaise/ thousand island – 1 -2 table spoon
onion slice – 3 – 4
tomato slice – 3 – 4
To make tikki
1. Mash the soaked and boiled chickpea first. Take it out and keep it in a bowl.
2. Now to that add grated carrots, grated ginger, garlic powder, cumin powder, whole wheat flour, crushed almonds, chopped onion, chopped coriander leaves, corn kernals, bell pepper, olive oil and salt. Mix it well until every thing gets combined. You get a coarse dough.
3. Now take small balls and press it slightly by placing it in between your plams. Give it a tikki shape.
4. Heat a pan, grease it with little oil, place the patties carefully on that and cook it on both sides till they become golden brown in colour.
5. Once they are done, take it and keep them separately. Your patties is ready. Repeat the same with the rest of the mixture.
To make burger
1. Cut the burger buns into half.
2. Spread the mayonnaise or any dressing which you are using on the down part of the bun. You can use any dressing mayonnaise or thousand island or any sour cream. Here I have added thousand islands.
3. Grab the box of greens or lettuce which you have in your refrigerator. Place them on top of the dressing.
4. Place an onion ring on top of that. This is your burger. Set it according to your taste preferences.
potatoes – 1
oil (for deep frying)
salt (to taste)
1. Peel the potatoes and cut it into long thin stripes of 1/2 by 1/2 inches.
2. Put them in water so that they don’t get discoloured
1. In a saucepan, heat water and when it starts boiling, add the potato slices in to it. Then it stops boiling. When it again starts boiling. Turn off the stove and drop the potato pieces in cold water. Leave it there for 5 minutes.
2. In a pan heat oil. When the oil is hot enough, drop the potato slices into it. Fry it lightly and take it out. Place it on a paper towel and allow it to cool.
3. Again heat the oil and drop these half fried slices into it and fry it nicely till crisp.
4. Take it out of oil, transfer it to a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
5. Serve it with burgers and tomato ketchup.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
enjoy cooking and sharing.