thumbprint cookies recipe – a very popular cookies recipe.
Kids love cookies and hence thought of trying and posting more cookies recipe for christmas. This thumbprint cookies recipe is one of the easiest christmas cookies one can make at home. It consists of just sugar, butter and flour. However, this cookies can be shaped in any way as you wish heart shape, or any other. I have just kept it plain round.
Once you make the dough, you will find it to be soft and buttery. If you feel that the dough is very soft, then refrigerate it for a few hours before using. And if you find that the dough is hard, then add one or two tablespoons of milk to the thumbprint cookies dough.
Let us see how to make thumbprint cookies recipe with step by step photos.
thumbprint cookies recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: cookies, baked snacks
serves: 2- 3
- maida or all purpose flour – 1 cup
- butter – 1/2 cup
- vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoon
- sugar – 1/4 cup, powdered
- jam – 1 to 2 tablespoons
how to make eggless thumbprint cookies recipe with step by step photos
1.Powder sugar and keep aside.
2. Add butter (at room temperature), to a bowl. Beat well and then add sugar. Beat well till sugar gets dissolved completely. Add vanilla essence to this and mix well.
3. Add the flour, little by little and keep mixing to make a smooth dough. If you feel that the dough is very dry, then add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk.
4. Divide the dough into equal sized balls. Flatten them slightly with your fingers. Line a baking tray and place the balls on the tray.
5. Microwave the jam for 45 seconds and keep it aside. Alternatively, you can double boil the jam for a few seconds until they loosen a little.
6. Make a dent in the center of each cookie with your thumb or using the back of a wooden spoon. and fill the jam in it.
7. Bake at 160-degree centigrade for 10 – 12 minutes.
8. thumbprint cookies are ready. Allow the cookies to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
thumbprint cookies recipe (eggless)
- maida or all purpose flour - 1 cup
- butter - ½ cup
- vanilla essence - ½ teaspoon
- sugar - ¼ cup, powdered
- jam - 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Powder sugar and keep aside.
- Add butter at room temperature to a bowl. Whisk well.
- Add powdered sugar, and beat well until the sugar gets combined well.
- Add vanilla essence, mix well.
- To this add sifted flour, mix well to make a dough.
- Line a baking tray.
- Take small pinches of dough and shape them into balls. Gently flatten them with your palms and place them on the baking sheet.
- Microwave jam for 45 seconds or double boil them until they melt.
- Make a small dent in the center of each cookie and fill the jam in it.
- Preheat the oven at 160-degree centigrade for 10 minutes.
- Bake the cookies at 160-degree centigrade for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow it to cool on a wire rack. Store in air-tight containers.