pineapple fried rice recipe – tasty and easy to make vegetarian thai fried rice recipe.
There are various ways of making vegetarian thai fried rice, but here I am sharing an easy pineapple fried rice which is both tasty and very easy to make. In some versions, you will find the usage of coconut milk. This pineapple fried rice is a popular dish in thai cuisine.
One important point while making pineapple fried rice is that the pineapple should be firm and ripe. Here vegetables like carrots, beans, green peas is made use of, but the addition of vegetables can be done as per personal preference.
pineapple fried rice recipe
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: main
equipment used: kadai (wok)/ heavy bottomed pan
- butter – 2 tablespoons
- green chili – 1, chopped
- french beans – 1/2 cup, chopped
- carrot – 1/2 cup, chopped
- mixed bell peppers – 1 cup (red, yellow and green)
- green peas – 1/2 cup
- tomato – 1 cup, chopped
- pineapple cubes – 1 cup, chopped
- sugar – 1 teaspoon
- soya sauce – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- cooked rice – 2 cups
- dry fruits – 1/4 cup ( I have used black grapes and almonds)
how to make pineapple fried rice recipe
1.Wash rice and cook it well. Take care that the rice should not be mushy. It should be cooked till done and the grains should be separate. If you have leftover rice, you can use it too. Once cooked, spread the rice on a plate and allow it to cool.
2. To make thai pineapple fried rice, add butter to a non-stick pan. Add almonds and raisins. Saute till they get roasted well. Transfer them to a plate and keep aside.
3. To the same pan, add green chilies, french beans, green peas, carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Now add bell peppers and saute well for a few minutes. When bell peppers are half cooked, but still crunchy, add soya sauce, salt, sugar, pepper powder, garam masala and mix well.
5. Add pineapple pieces, mix well and saute until you get a nice aroma of pineapples.
6. Add cooked rice, tomatoes, coriander leaves, the fried dry fruits and mix well.
7. Toss everything well and fry for a couple of minutes.
8. Garnish it with coriander leaves and add more roasted dry fruits if you prefer. Serve vegetarian thai fried rice hot for dinner.
9. Serve pineapple fried rice hot. Serve as such or with manchurian.