tawa paneer masala recipe with step by step photos – one of the easiest and quickest paneer recipe. An easy to make curry recipe which can be cooked in less than 30 minutes. It is also called as paneer tawa fry.
paneer tawa masala, as the name implies is cooked in a tawa. Tawa is a large, flat disc-shaped frying pan. But if you don’t have a tawa, you can use any iron kadai for making this paneer tawa fry.
for making tawa paneer masala, you don’t need any special ingredients. It makes use of regular ingredients available in the kitchen like onion, tomato, ginger, green chili, garlic, carom seeds, and capsicum. I have used tomato puree here, but you can finely chop the tomatoes and add it to the curry.
This tawa paneer masala is a semi dry dish.
serve paneer tawa masala recipe with little lemon juice on the top, garnished with coriander leaves. tawa paneer fry can be served as a side dish with chapati, roti, naan, bread and also with rice.
Let us see how to make tawa paneer masala recipe with step by step photos.
tawa paneer masala recipe
- paneer – 200 – 250 grams
- butter or oil or ghee – 1 tablespoon
- onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- tomato – 2 big, finely chopped
- capsicum – 1 medium, finely chopped
- garlic – 4 – 5, minced
- ginger – 1-inch piece, minced
- green chili – 1
- ajwain or carom seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- pav bhaji masala – 1 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- kasuri methi or dry fenugreek leaves – a pinch
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
how to make paneer tawa masala recipe with step by step pictures
1. Cut paneer into cubes, marinate with salt and keep it aside. Roughly chop tomatoes, add them to a mixer jar, grind them and keep it aside.
2. In a heavy based pan or kadai, heat butter, ghee or oil and add carom seeds, cumin seeds. You will find them sizzling. Then add chopped onion and saute till they turn translucent.
3. Add ginger, garlic, green chili, and saute them till the raw smell goes off. Add capsicum and saute again for a few more minutes.
4. Reduce the flame to low, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, pav bhaji masala, and saute well till the raw smell of masala goes off. Take care that they should not burn.
5. Add pureed tomatoes, salt, and saute well on low flame till oil starts separating on the sides of the pan. Add 1 – 2 tablespoons of water if the masala looks very dry.
6. Add paneer cubes, and gently mix them well so that the masala gets coated well on the paneer.
7. Rub kasuri methi between your palms and add them to the tawa masala. Simmer for a few minutes and then turn off the flame.
8. Serve paneer tawa masala hot with chapati, roti or naan.
tawa paneer masala recipe below
- paneer - 200 - 250 grams
- butter or oil or ghee - 1 tablespoon
- for masala
- onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
- tomato - 2 big, finely chopped
- capsicum - 1 medium, finely chopped
- garlic - 4 - 5, minced
- ginger - 1-inch piece, minced
- green chili - 1
- ajwain or carom seeds - ½ teaspoon
- cumin seeds - ¼ teaspoon
- red chili powder - ½ teaspoon
- turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
- coriander powder - 2 teaspoons
- pav bhaji masala - 1 teaspoon
- salt - to taste
- kasuri methi or dry fenugreek leaves - a pinch
- coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Cut paneer into cubes. Marinate the paneer pieces in salt for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Chop tomato pieces, blend them and keep it aside.
- Heat oil or ghee or butter in a tawa. Add carom seeds, cumin seeds, and wait till it sizzles.
- Add chopped onion, and saute well till onion turns translucent.
- Add minced ginger, garlic, slit green chili and saute well till the raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped capsicum and saute well for a few minutes.
- Add tomato puree, salt, and mix well. Cook till the tomatoes get cooked well and start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add paneer cubes, mix well.
- Finally, add crushed kasuri methi, chopped coriander leaves, and turn off the flame.
- Tawa paneer masala is ready.