corn curry recipe | sweet corn gravy recipe – tasty side dish for chapati, roti, naan made with sweet corn.
Today, I made sweet corn curry as a side dish for chapati. This corn gravy is a versatile recipe and various vegetables like capsicum, potato can be added while making gravy.
Let us see how to make sweet corn curry recipe.
corn curry recipe
- oil or ghee – 2 tablespoons
- bay leaf – 1
- cumin seeds or jeera – 1 teaspoon
- onion – 1, finely chopped
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- tomato – 3, finely chopped
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- cashew paste – 1/4 cup
- garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- sweet corn kernels – 1 cup
- water – as required
- kasuri methi or dry fenugreek leaves – 1 teaspoon
- fresh cream – optional
- salt – to taste
- coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
how to make corn curry recipe ~ sweet corn curry
1. Boil sweet corn kernels or steam cook the kernels till they get cooked well. Keep aside.
2. Soak cashew nuts in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Grind it to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. Heat ghee or oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add bay leaf, cumin seeds and let cumin sizzle.
4. Add finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and saute till onion turns translucent and the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off completely.
5. Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy.
6. Next add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and saute for a few seconds till the raw smell of masala goes off completely.
7. Add cashew nut paste and mix well.
8. Next add the cooked sweet corn, water, mix well. Cover and cook on a low flame for a few minutes.
9. Open the lid, add garam masala, crushed kasuri methi, mix well.
10. Add whisked fresh cream, mix and then turn off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
11. sweet corn curry is ready to serve. Serve corn gravy with chapati, roti, naan.