suji paratha recipe | sooji paratha | suji ka paratha – a tasty, healthy and easy paratha recipe for breakfast or dinner made with sooji or rava, whole wheat flour and spices.
suji paratha tastes great with a cup of thick curd or dahi and any pickle of your choice. It tastes great with mango pickle, but I had homemade carrot pickle. It is a perfect option for healthy brunch or for morning breakfast.
sooji paratha | suji ka paratha | suji paratha – Very often, I make paratha recipe at home. parathas are often made with whole wheat flour and stuffed with veggies. But this is a variation to the regular paratha varieties made with atta, as it is made with suji or sooji or rava.
The method of making suji paratha can be divided into three steps. First making the suji dough, the second is adding all the spices into the dough and kneading it well, and the third is making the paratha. Though this looks like a long process, it is very simple, and tasty.
This suji ka paratha is very popular in the North. I am sharing the recipe of sooji masala paratha, but you can also add spinach, or finely chopped cabbage, grated carrots to make it nutritious.
Let us see how to make suji paratha recipe.. Do try it and let me know how it turned out..
suji paratha recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
recipe type: breakfast
serves: 2 – 3
equipment required: kadai, bowl, tawa
for suji dough
- fine sooji or rava – 1 cup
- carom seeds or ajwain – 1/4 teaspoon
- oil – 1 teaspoon
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- water – 1 and 1/2 cups
for paratha dough
- whole wheat flour or atta – 1/2 cup
- cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- ginger – 1/2 teaspoon, grated
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1 /4 teaspoon
- oil – 1 teaspoon
- oil or ghee – for making paratha
how to make suji paratha recipe
1. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of water to a pan. Bring it to a boil.
2. To this add ajwain or carom seeds, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of oil and stir.
3. Add fine rava or sooji to the hot water. Keep stirring while adding the sooji in order to avoid formation of lumps.
4. Keep stirring until the rava becomes thick and the entire water gets absorbed.
5. Now transfer the cooked suji dough for paratha to a bowl. Let it cool down.
6. One the dough is cool, add whole wheat flour, red chili powder, green chili, grated ginger, salt and mix well. Make a soft and pliable dough. Add a teaspoon of oil, knead it once more.
7. Pinch out a ball of dough. You can make big or medium sized parathas. So pinch out the dough accordingly.
8. Flatten it between your palms, dust it with wheat flour. Place the patty onto a rolling surface. Roll the dough to a circle of medium thickness.
9. Heat a tawa or a griddle.
10. Place the prepared circle onto the hot tawa. Cook on one side for around 30 seconds. Now flip it to the other side. Apply oil on the upper surface.
11. Again cook for another 30 seconds. Flip and apply oil or ghee.
12. Flip and cook till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.