spicy guava juice – tasty, healthy and refreshing drink
I am at my native enjoying fresh fruits and vegetables. And those who are following me on facebook or google+ would have already seen the fresh red guavas from our garden.
Very often we make guava juice at home, but I feel that they are very sweet. This spicy guava juice is a tasty combination, and another easy way to use guava.
You might also be interested in other fresh juice recipes like fig milkshake, aam panna, mango lassi . You might also be interested in other beverages like oreo milkshake, peanut butter banana milkshake
spicy guava juice recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
recipe type: beverage, summer cooler
serves: 3 – 4
equipment used: sauce pan, blender
- guava – 2 and 1/2 cups, cubed
- sugar – 4 tablespoons
- red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- mint leaves – 10 – 12, finely chopped
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- salt – to taste
how to make spicy guava juice recipe
1. Combine the guavas, sugar and 1 and 1/2 cups of water in a non stick pan. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, till they become soft. Stir occasionally so that they do not stick to the bottom. Turn off the flame.
2. Let them cool completely and then transfer the mixture to a blender. Grind it to a smooth puree.
3. Strain the mixture with the help of a strainer into a deep bowl. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of cold water, and mix well.
4. Transfer the mixture to a jar. To this, add lemon juice, salt, chili powder, chopped mint leaves, and mix well.
5. spicy guava juice is ready. Pour the mixture into glasses and serve chilled.