Soya keema paratha is an easy to make veg keema paratha recipe. Paratha is a very popular Indian flat bread and is one of the most popular breakfast dish in North India.
The method of making soya keema paratha is very easy with three main steps. First, preparing the dough, second, preparing soya keema stuffing for paratha, and third, is making the paratha. To make soya stuffing, saute onion with soya keema and other spices and make the mixture.
Serve soya keema paratha with a cup of thick curd or with raita or with any pickle of your choice.
soya keema paratha recipe
preparation time: 20 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
recipe type: paratha, breakfast
cuisine: north indian
serves: 3 – 4
equipments required: Roti Tawa
- wheat flour – 2 cups
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- water – as required
for soya keema
- soya granules – 1 cup
- capsicum – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- cumin seeds or jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- ginger – 1/2 teaspoon, grated
- asafoetida powder – a pinch
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- amchur powder or dry mango powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- coriander leaves – 1/2 tablespoon, finely chopped
how to make soya keema paratha recipe with step by step photos
1. In a pan boil water. Once the water boils,turn off the stove and add soya granules to it and leave it aside for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, wash it and drain it well. Squeeze it well and remove excess water. Once cool, add the soya chunks to a mixer jar, and give one pulse.
2. In a wide mouthed bowl, add wheat flour and salt. Mix it well. Now add oil and combine once more. Add water slowly, making a soft and firm dough. Cover it and keep it aside for 15 – 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, take the dough, knead it once more. Divide it into equal sized balls. Keep it aside.
3. In another pan, heat oil, add jeera / cumin seeds. Add finely chopped onion and saute well till it turns translucent. Add ginger, green chili, and saute well for a few minutes.
4. Add minced soya, and saute well for a few minutes, till the moisture goes off completely. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, amchur powder, pepper powder, and mix well.
5. Add coriander leaves, mix well and turn off the flame.
6. Heat a griddle and grease it with oil.
7. Meanwhile, take a dough ball and roll it into a circle with a roller pin. Add 1 tablespoon of filling in the center, and gently cover all the edges.
6. Now dust it in dry wheat flour, and then roll it gently taking care not to let the stuffing come out.
7. Place the circled dough onto the griddle. Cook on medium flame till brown spots appear on one side. Then slowly, flip it over to the other side and allow it to get cooked. Apply oil or ghee on both sides.
8. Once both sides are cooked, remove it from the griddle.
10. Serve soya keema paratha with curd, salad or with pickle.
soya keema paratha recipe below
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- water as required
- soya chunks - 1 cup
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon amchur powder or dry mango powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Add whole wheat flour, salt, 1 teaspoon oil in a bowl. Mix well with your fingers.
- Add water little by little and knead it to make a soft firm dough.
- Cover and keep it aside for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil enough water in a pan. When the water starts boiling, turn off the flame. Add the soya chunks into the hot water, and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the soaked soya chunks in cold water twice or thrice and squeeze out the excess water.
- Add the soya chunks to a mixer jar and give one pulse.
- Transfer it to a plate, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion, saute well till it becomes translucent. Add ginger, green chili, saute well.
- Add minced soya, mix well.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, pepper powder, salt, mix well.
- Cover and cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, turn off the flame.
- Take the dough, knead it once more and divide into equal sized balls.
- Take each ball, slightly roll it into a small circle with a rolling pin.
- Place the stuffing in the middle.
- Pull the edges of the dough and seal it completely so that the stuffing does not come out.
- Dust the dough, and roll it into a medium thick circle.
- Heat a griddle. Grease it with oil.
- Gently place the circle on the tawa.
- Cook on medium flame till brown spots appear on one side.
- Flip it to the other side and cook on medium flame on that side too.
- Apply ghee or oil on the paratha.
- Serve soya keema paratha with curd or with any pickle.