soya kheema dosa recipe | kari dosai recipe – a tasty dosa recipe for breakfast.
Recently, we were on a trip to madhurai and I heard about kari dosai. kari dosai is prepared with minced mutton and is very popular in Madhurai. I was looking for some vegetarian version of kari dosai and found this soya kheema dosa in Nalini’s space. So today, I tried making them for breakfast.
The method of preparing soya kheema dosa can be divided into two steps: first is preparing th kheema and the second is making the kheema dosa.
I am sure this will be a healthy treat for vegetarians and for all those people who love dosa varieties.
soya kheema dosa recipe | kari dosai recipe
- dosa batter – 3 cups
- oil – as required
- onion, green chili – for garnishing
- soya chunks – 1/3 cup
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- fennel seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- onion – 1, medium
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- tomato – 1, finely chopped
- turmeric powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
how to make kari dosai recipe with step by step photos
to make soya kheema
1. Bring water to a boil in a pan. Once the water starts boiling, turn off the flame. Add soya chunks, cover and keep it aside for 10 minutes. Drain the excess water, and rinse it in cold water for a couple of times. Squeeze out the excess water.
2. Add the soya chunks to a mixer jar and pulse it twice or thrice. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan or kadai. add fennel seeds and wait till they sizzle. Add finely chopped onion, green chili, ginger garlic paste and saute well till onion turns light brownish in color.
4. Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute again till tomatoes turn mushy. Add spice powders and saute well.
5. Add the pulsed soya, salt, and mix well. Cover and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes. Add coriander leaves, mix well. Turn off the flame. Soya kheema for dosa is ready. Keep aside.
to make soya kheema dosa
6. Take dosa batter in a bowl. Add water if necessary to adjust the consistency.
7. Heat a tawa or a griddle and grease it with oil. When the tawa becomes hot enough, take a ladle ful oof dosa batter, pour it onto the hot tawa and spread it in a circular motion.
8. Now spread 1 and 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of the prepared soya kheema on top. Sprinkle few pieces of onion, green chili and coriander leaves on top. Drizzle oil or ghee around the edges and at the center.
9. Press it gently, wait till the bottom side turns light golden and then flip the dosa to the other side. Drizzle a teaspoon of oil.
10. soya kheema dosa is ready. Serve with chutney.
kari dosai recipe | soya kheema dosa recipe below
- dosa batter - 3 cups
- oil - as required
- onion, green chili - for garnishing
- soya kheema
- soya chunks - ⅓ cup
- oil - 1 tablespoon
- fennel seeds - ¼ teaspoon
- onion - 1, medium
- ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- green chili - 1, finely chopped
- tomato - 1, finely chopped
- turmeric powder - ⅛ teaspoon
- red chili powder - ½ teaspoon
- coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- garam masala - ¼ teaspoon
- salt - to taste
- coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon
- Bring water to a boil in a pan. Add soya chunks, cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Drain the excess water, rinse them in cold water twice or thrice.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Add the soya chunks to a mixer jar. Pulse it twice. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds. Let them sizzle.
- Add finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, green chili.
- Saute till onion turns golden brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, saute till they turn mushy.
- Add spice powders, saute well.
- Add soya kheema, salt, mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add coriander leaves, mix well. Turn off flame.
- Heat a tawa. Grease it with oil.
- Spread the dosa batter on the tawa.
- Sprinkle the prepared soya kheema on top.
- Sprinkle onion, green chili, coriander leaves on top. Cook for a few seconds.
- Flip to the other side. Drizzle oil on top.
- Cook till done.
- Serve soya kheema dosa with chutney.