SINDHI KOKI RECIPE – SINDHI LOLI
Sindhi koki recipe – Ingredients
wheat flour – 2 cups
onion – 1 (small – finely chopped)
green chilies – 2 (chopped)
cumin seeds / jeerakam – 1 teaspoon
anardana / dry pomegranate seeds – 1 teaspoon (crushed)
coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
salt – to taste
ghee / oil – for shallow frying
How to make sindhi koki / loli
1. In a bowl add whole wheat flour and salt. Add 1 teaspoon of ghee to the flour and mix well with your fingers until the ghee gets mixed well with the flour.
2. Then add onion, green chiles, cumin seeds and coriander leaves, mix well.
3. Make a well in the center, add water little by little and knead it to make a soft and firm dough.
4. Keep it aside for 10 – 15 minutes.
For making koki roti
5. Take the dough, need it once more.
6. Divide it into equal sized portions and make balls.
7. Take each ball, dust it with wheat flour, and roll each portion into a thick circle. (You can do this either using a rolling pin or slowly press it between your palms. Using a fork or tooth pick,
8. Heat a griddle or tawa and grease it with oil. Place the dough on the tawa and roast it slightly.
9. Then take it out, mash it a little, roll it again, using a rolling pin or belan into regular sized parathas.
10. Place this rolled paratha dough onto the tawa and cook on medium flame. Add a teaspoon of ghee / oil around the edges.
11. When one side gets cooked well, flip it to the other side. Let it cook on that side too.
12. When cooked well, spread some ghee on the surface, flip again and spread ghee on the other side too.
13. Serve koki roti hot with curd, raita, chutney or pickle. I served it with dal tadka and raita.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your comments, views and suggestions in the box given below.
Enjoy cooking and serving