sev tameta nu shaak recipe – tasty and easy to make gujrati style tomato curry.
As the name suggests it is a tomato based curry. Tomato is called as tameta in gujrati and the addition of sev is a twist in this curry. Hence the name sev tameta nu shaak.
I made this curry few days before when I made mini gujrati thali for lunch. It was very tasty and easy to make too. When I made it for gujrati thali, I made a no onion no garlic version of it. You can also make the no onion no garlic version by skipping, onion.
If you want to make no onion no garlic tameta nu shaak, then add chopped tomato, ginger, green chili, turmeric powder to the pan and cook till done. Then follow the rest of the steps.
sev tameta nu shaak recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: main, side dish
equipment used: kadai
- ripe tomato – 5, medium
- oil – 2 tablespoons
- mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- onion – 1, medium – finely chopped
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- sugar – 2 teaspoons
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- salt – to taste
- water – as required (around 1/2 cup)
- sev – 1/2 cup
how to prepare sev tameta nu shaak recipe
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. When the oil is hot enough, splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds and wait till it sizzles.
2. Add finely chopped onion, and saute till they turn light brownish in color. Add slit green chili, ginger garlic paste, and saute again for a few more minutes till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off.
3. Now add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder and saute them for a minute.
4. Add water, salt, mix well. Cover and cook for a few minutes till tomatoes get cooked well. Keep stirring in between to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
5. Open the lid, mix well. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala. Check for salt. If necessary, add more. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
6. Just before serving, add sev, mix well. Serve sev tameta nu shaak with chapati, roti, thepla.