Let us see how to make semiya kesari recipe with step by step photos.
semiya kesari recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
recipe type: dessert, indian sweet
- semiya or vermicelli – 1 cup
- water – 2 cups
- ghee or clarified butter – 3 tablespoons
- sugar – 1 cup
- food color – a pinch
- cashew nuts – 10 to 15
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
how to make semiya kesari recipe with step by step photos
3. Meanwhile, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a pan.
semiya kesari or vermicelli kesari recipe below
- semiya or vermicelli - 1 cup
- water - 2 cups
- ghee or clarified butter - 3 tablespoons
- sugar - 1 cup
- food color - a pinch
- cashew nuts - 10 to 15
- cardamom powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Heat ghee in a pan. When the ghee is hot enough, add cashew nuts and roast till they start changing color. Transfer it to a plate and set aside.
- If you are using unroasted vermicelli, then add a teaspoon of ghee in a pan, and roast in low flame until it becomes golden brown. If you are using roasted vermicelli, then you can skip this step. In the case of roasted vermicelli, add it to the ghee, and saute in low flame for a few seconds.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a pan.
- Add the boiling water carefully to the vermicelli. As it boils, stir gently in a medium flame. Vermicelli gets cooked fast. Once the entire moisture is evaporated, add sugar and cardamom powder. Sugar will start melting and you will find the kesari gets little watery.
- Now add the food color, mix well. The addition of food color is optional. Keep stirring continuously, until kesari starts thickening. Then add 1 teaspoon of ghee, mix well.
- Once it starts leaving the sides of the pan, add roasted cashew nuts, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Serve semiya kesari hot.