schezwan noodles recipe with step by step photos. Indo-chinese recipes are a favorite throughout the country. Today I am sharing recipe of schezwan noodles. Schezuan noodles is made with hakka noodles sauteed with vegetables and cooked with schezwan sauce.
schezwan sauce is a spicy chutney which has a very important place in Chinese cuisine.
schezwan noodles is very tasty and any vegetable can be used for making hakka noodles with schezwan sauce. But I love using carrots, capsicum, cabbage and beans. The addition of vegetables depends on personal preference.
schezwan noodles recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 10 mins
recipe type: main course – noodles
serves: 2 – 3
for boiling hakka noodles
- hakka noodles – 1 packet
- water – 9 – 10 cups
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- oil – 1 tablespoon
for schezwan noodles
- oil – 2 – 3 tablespoons
- garlic – 2 teaspoons, finely chopped
- spring onion white – 2 – 3, finely chopped
- capsicum – 1 medium , sliced lengthwise
- carrot – 1 medium, sliced lengthwise
- cabbage – 1/2 cup,
- schezwan sauce – 3 tablespoons
- vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- soya sauce – 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
- pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- spring onion greens – 2 – 3, finely chopped
how to make schezwan noodles with step by step photos
1.Add enough water to a boil in a large pan along with salt and oil. When the water starts boiling, add the noodles and cook until just done. Take care not to overcook them.
2. Cook uncovered on high flame for 2 – 3 minutes. Stir in between. Check the package for cooking instructions. Time may vary depending on the brand.
3. Remove from fire and drain it into a colander. Immediately, pour cold water over it to stop the cooking process. Leave it in a strainer for 2 – 3 minutes until entire water goes off completely.
4. Apply 1 teaspoon of oil on the noodles so that they do not stick to each other.
5. Spread the cooked noodles in a plate until further use.
6. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add finely chopped spring onion white and finely chopped garlic. Saute well till the raw smell of garlic goes off completely.
7. Add sliced vegetables and saute well on high flame for 3 – 4 minutes. The veggies should be cooked but it should be a little crunchy. Keep stirring continuously so that they don’t get burnt.
8. Add schezwan sauce, mix well.
9. Add noodles, soya sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper powder. Be careful while adding salt as salt is present in schezwan sauce and soya sauce.
10. Toss well with two spoons so that they get mixed well.
11. Finally, garnish with spring onion green and mix. Serve hot.
schezwan noodles recipe below
- for boiling hakka noodles
- hakka noodles - 1 packet
- water - 9 - 10 cups
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- oil - 1 tablespoon
- for schezwan noodles
- oil - 2 - 3 tablespoons
- garlic - 2 teaspoons, finely chopped
- spring onion white - 2 - 3, finely chopped
- capsicum - 1 medium , sliced lengthwise
- carrot - 1 medium, sliced lengthwise
- cabbage - ½ cup,
- schezwan sauce - 3 tablespoons
- vinegar - 1 teaspoon
- soya sauce - 1 and ½ teaspoons
- pepper powder - ¼ teaspoon
- spring onion greens - 2 - 3, finely chopped
- Boil noodles, apply 1 teaspoon of oil, so that they do not stick to each other. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot enough, add spring onion white and finely chopped garlic, saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped vegetables, and saute on high flame till veggies get cooked but still remain crunchy.
- Add schezwan sauce and mix well.
- Add boiled noodles, soya sauce, vinegar, pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Finally, add finely chopped spring onion, mix well.
- Serve schezwan noodles hot.