schezwan fried rice recipe with step by step photos. schezwan fried rice is a tasty and easy to make fried rice recipe from Indo-Chinese cuisine.
Indo-Chinese dishes are popular throughout the country and everyone likes them especially kids. This is a very simple and popular rice recipe which can be made at home for lunch or dinner. Chopping of vegetables take some time, otherwise, schezwan fried rice can be made in a breeze.
schezwan sauce is very important for making this fried rice. This schezwan sauce recipe is very easy to make and can be made at home. If you are not interested in making at home, then it is readily available in the market. I have already shared the recipe of making schezwan sauce at home.
Let us see how to make schezwan fried rice recipe with step by step pictures.
schezwan fried rice recipe
preparation time: 20 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
recipe type: main, rice
cuisine: Indo chinese
serves: 2 – 3
- basmati rice – 1 cup
- spring onion white – 2 – 3
- garlic – 2 -3, finely chopped
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- schezwan sauce – 2 – 3 tablespoons
- soya sauce – 1 teaspoon
- vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- capsicum -1 small, finely chopped
- cabbage – 1 cup, finely chopped
- carrot – 1 medium, finely chopped
- spring onion green – 2 – 3
- olive oil or cooking oil – 3 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon
how to make schezwan fried rice recipe with step by step photos
1.Wash and soak basmati rice in enough water for 15 – 20 minutes. Drain the excess water. Keep it aside.
2. Bring 3 – 4 cups of water to a boil. To this add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon oil. When the water starts boiling, add the soaked and drained rice. Wait till it starts to boil. Then reduce the flame and cook till the rice is cooked till 90%. Take care the rice should not be cooked till mushy. Drain the excess water, and spread the rice on a plate so that it gets cooled evenly.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic, chopped spring onion white and saute well till the raw smell of garlic goes off. Don’t add too much of garlic as schezwan sauce contains a lot of garlic.
4. Add chopped capsicum, carrots, cabbage, a pinch of salt, and saute well on high flame for a minute or till the veggies get cooked. Keep stirring continuously so that they do not stick to the bottom of the pan. If you have celery, you can add celery also along with the other vegetables. Do not add too much of salt. Again schezwan sauce contains salt added to it. Also, we have added salt while cooking the rice.
5. Reduce the flame to low and add schezwan sauce, mix well.
6. Add the cooked rice, soya sauce, vinegar, pepper powder, and mix gently taking care not to break the rice. Keep mixing and tossing until the sauce and rice get mixed well. But take care not to break the rice.
7. Finally, add chopped spring onion greens for garnishing.
8. Schezwan fried rice is ready to serve.
schezwan fried rice recipe below
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 to 3 spring onion white
- 2 to 3 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons schezwan sauce
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1 small capsicum, finely chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 spring onion greens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 15 - 20 minutes. Drain and keep it aside.
- Bring enough water to boil in a pan. Add salt, ½ teaspoon oil.
- Add drained rice and cook till done.
- Drain the excess water and spread the rice on a plate to cool
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic, spring onion white and saute well.
- Add chopped vegetables, a pinch of salt, and cook on high flame till vegetables are cooked.
- Add schezwan sauce, and mix well.
- Add cooked rice, pepper powder, soya sauce, vinegar, pinch of salt, and mix well.
- Finally, garnish with chopped spring onion greens.
- Serve schezwan fried rice hot.