Now a days the health mix powder is readily available in the market. But it is very easy to make this at home. During the time of my elder daughter, my mother used to prepare it at home. But now, I buy it from market. The health mix powder is made using ingredients like ragi, corn, parboiled rice, barley, peanut, sago, horse gram, wheat, green gram dal, split gram dal, cashews, almonds and cardamom. Don’t they look very healthy?
|Sathumavu / Health mix powder (I used manna health mix)||1 cup|
|Whole wheat flour||1 tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1/2 – 2 cups|
|Food colour (orange)||a pinch|
1. In a pan heat ghee and add the nuts, roast it for some time. Remove them and keep it aside.
2. In another pan dry roast the health mix powder for a few minutes. Then add ghee to it and roast it again till you get a nice aroma. (I have done this under low flame so that the powder will not get burnt.)
3. Slowly add water to it. Keep stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Then add orange food colour to it mix every thing well and allow it to cook for some time.
4. Then add sugar and stir it so that it gets mixed well. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee.
5. Keep on stirring. Add ghee in between and keep stirring till the halwa thickens and leaves ghee in sides. Add the fried nuts also mix it well. Turn off the stove. (You can find the exact consistency – while stirring at one point you will notice that the entire stuff moves on with your spoon and when you pull it up, it rotates with the spoon but does not stick to the pan or spoon. )
6. Grease a plate and spread the halwa evenly on it. Allow it to cool and then you can cut it into pieces.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving.