sabudana thalipeeth recipe | sago thalipeeth for navratri fasting recipe with step by step photos – thalipeeth is a popular recipe which is made with multiple flours. sabudana thalipeeth is a popular fasting food which is often made during the time of navratri with sabudana or sago pearls.
Now coming to the next part, I don’t use any fancy bowl for mixing the dough. I just used a steel plate to mix everything. And I always use an iron tawa for making dosa, roti, paratha and other stuffs. But I also have a non-stick tawa which I use often. You might have seen it in poha dosa video.
sabudana thalipeeth recipe
preparation time: 4 to 5 hours
cooking time: 15 minutes
recipe type: breakfast
serves: 3 – 4
equipment used: tawa, bowl
- sabudana or sago – 1/2 cup
- potato – 2, boiled, peeled and mashed
- cumin powder or jeera powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- peanuts – 1/4 cup, roasted and crushed
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- ginger – 1/2 teaspoon, grated
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- oil – for making thalipeeth
how to make sabundana thalipeeth recipe with step by step photos
1. Wash and soak sago in just enough water for 4 to 5 hours. The water level should be such that the sago is just immersed. Cover and let it soak. Take one sago pearl and try to crush it between your fingers, it should mash. That is the right stage. Rinse it well, drain the excess water, keep aside.
2. Add the soaked sabudana to a bowl along with boiled and mashed potatoes, roasted and crushed peanuts, grated ginger, green chili, cumin powder, coriander leaves, salt and mix well. If the mixture is very dry, sprinkle little water and mix well.
3. Divide the dough into equal lemon sized balls.
4. Take a butter paper or a parchment sheet and grease it with oil. Take one ball, place it on the parchment paper. Pat with your fingers and make into thick roti. Just like the way we do for thalipeeth. If you feel that the dough is sticky, grease your fingers with oil and pat the dough.
5. Meanwhile, heat a tawa or a griddle. Carefully, place the thalipeeth onto the hot tawa. Cook on a medium-low flame till both the sides get cooked well. Once done, transfer it to a plate.
6. Repeat similar steps with the rest of the dough. sabudana thalipeeth is ready to serve. Serve hot with raita or pickle.
sabudana thalipeeth or sago thalipeeth recipe for navratri vrat below
- sabudana or sago - ½ cup
- potato - 2, boiled, peeled and mashed
- cumin powder or jeera powder - ½ teaspoon
- peanuts - ¼ cup, roasted and crushed
- green chili - 1, finely chopped
- ginger - ½ teaspoon, grated
- coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- salt - to taste
- oil - for making thalipeeth
- Wash and soak sago in enough water for 4 to 5 hours.
- Drain the excess water.
- Add sabudana, boiled and mashed potato, roasted and crushed peanuts, ginger, green chili, coriander leaves, cumin powder, lemon juice, salt to a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Divide into equal lemon sized balls.
- Grease a parchment sheet with oil.
- Place on ball and pat it into a thick roti.
- Meanwhile, heat a tawa or griddle.
- Carefully place the roti onto the hot tawa and cook on a medium-low flame till done.
- sabudana thalipeeth is ready. Serve hot with raita and pickle.