roti poha recipe – a simple breakfast or snack recipe with leftover chapati or roti.
Dinner is often chapati and curry at home and very often we have leftover chapati with which I make chapati noodles or kothu chapati. But recently I tried making roti poha and it was delicious. It is an easy and healthy way to make use of leftover chapati.
I followed the same method of preparing kanda poha and everyone loved it.
roti poha recipe
- roti or chapati – 3
- oil – 1 and 1/2 tablespoons
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- peanuts – 2 tablespoons
- cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- green chili – 1, slit
- hing or asafetida powder – a pinch
- curry leaves – few
- turmeric powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- lemon juice – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
how to make roti poha recipe
1.To make roti poha, first start by cutting the leftover roti or chapati into pieces. Then transfer them to a mixer jar. Grind them into flakes. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan or kadai. When the oil is hot enough, splutter mustard seeds.
3. Add peanuts and fry till they turn brownish in color.
4. Add cumin seeds, let them sizzle. Then add chopped green chili, curry leaves, and hing. Add finely chopped onions and keep sautéing them till onion turns translucent.
5. Add turmeric powder and saute for a few seconds till the raw smell goes off. Add the prepared roti flakes, salt and mix well. Turn off the flame.
6. Add lemon juice, coriander leaves, mix well.
7. roti poha is ready. Serve hot.