Roasted red bell pepper soup recipe as the name implies is a soup made with roasted red bell peppers. Red bell peppers are roasted first and then ground together with a mixture of sauteed onion tomato to get this tasty roasted red bell pepper soup.
Soup is one of the most craved food during cold weather. The climate here was so cold yesterday and day before, that I couldn’t resist myself from making this tasty roasted red bell pepper soup.
The method of making roasted red bell pepper soup is very easy. Roast the bell pepper by placing it directly on the gas and roast on all sides in medium flame. Instead of roasting in a gas stove, this procedure can be done in an oven also. Cut the stem portion, apply 1 teaspoon of olive oil over it, cut the bell pepper into 4 pieces, and place it inside the oven. Then saute together, onion, garlic, tomato, red bell pepper, and grind everything together. Add water, boil once more. Add oregano, pepper powder and salt. Add cream if necessary. To give the soup reddish color, add 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce. Roasted red bell pepper soup is ready.
Serve roasted red bell pepper soup with sandwiches.
You can also check tomato soup recipe.
Other capsicum / bell pepper recipes are capsicum zunka, baby corn capsicum masala, capsicum chutney, soya capsicum paratha.
Roasted red bell pepper soup recipe with step by step pictures
1. Wash bell pepper well and pat dry. Remove the stem, prick with a fork into it, and roast in medium flame. Turn it on all the sides so that bell pepper gets evenly roasted.
2. Scrape down the black skin with the help of a knife. Cut into two, remove the inner seeds, and then chop into pieces. Keep aside.
3. Chop onion, garlic and tomatoes finely.
4. In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to soften. Add crushed garlic and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes.
5. Then add tomato, roast well in medium flame. Add the roasted red peppers and saute for a few more minutes. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
6. Transfer all these ingredients to a blender or a mixer jar grind them till it becomes smooth.
7. Transfer the pureed contents into a pan along with 1 1/4 cup water. Cook for a few more minutes. Bring it to a boil and add salt, pepper powder and oregano. Finally add cream.
Roasted bell pepper soup recipe
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
Roasted bell pepper soup - tasty soup made with red bell pepper with a dash of pepper and oregano.
Author: Lisha Aravind
Recipe type: Easy
Serves: 1 - 2
- red bell pepper - 1
- onion - ½ (chopped)
- garlic - 2
- tomato - 1
- tomato sauce - 1 teaspoon
- oregano - ½ teaspoon
- salt - to taste
- pepper - ½ teaspoon
- olive oil - 1 teaspoon
- cream - 1½ - 2 tablespoon (optional)
- Wash bell pepper and pat dry.
- Roast this on a stove top on medium flame by turning it often.
- Roast it evenly and keep aside.
- With the help of a knife,
scrapdown the skin and chop into pieces. Keep aside.
- Chop onion, garlic and tomatoes finely. Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add chopped onion, and saute for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic, and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, and roast well in medium flame.
- Add the chopped bell pepper pieces cook for 2 more minutes. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Grind them in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Transfer the pureed contents into a pan along with 1¼ cup water.
- Bring it to a boil and add salt, pepper powder and oregano.
- Serve hot.