roasted lotus seeds recipe – tasty, healthy, low oil snack recipe with foxnuts or lotus seeds.
Today I am posting an easy to make guilt free snack item made with puffed lotus seeds. It is called roasted phool makhana. These roasted lotus seeds can also be served as a healthy snack or also as a fasting food. lotus seeds are also called as foxnuts, are a good source of protein, potassium, magnesium and phosphorous. They are also said to have low saturated fat, sodium, and cholesterol.
roasted lotus seeds recipe | roasted phool makhana
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: snack
- puffed lotus seeds – 1 and 1/2 cups
- oil – 1 teaspoon
- turmeric power – a pinch
- red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- chaat masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- curry leaves – few
- salt – to taste
how to make roasted lotus seeds recipe with step by step photos
- puffed lotus seeds - 1 and ½ cups
- oil - 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder - a pinch
- red chili powder - ¼ teaspoon
- pepper powder - ¼ teaspoon
- chaat masala - ¼ teaspoon
- curry leaves - few
- salt - to taste
- Heat ½ teaspoon of oil in a pan.
- Add the puffed lotus seeds or fox nuts and fry in a low flame till the lotus seeds become crispy.
- When crispy, transfer it to another plate, keep aside.
- In the same pan, add another ½ teaspoon of oil.
- When hot, reduce the flame to low, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, salt, curry leaves, and stir.
- Add the roasted lotus seeds, and mix them well so that the masala gets coated well in the seeds.
- Finally, add chaat masala, stir well. Turn off the flame.
- roasted lotus seeds or roasted phool makhana is ready.