red velvet cupcakes recipe with cream cheese frosting – a tasty and easy to make cupcake recipe.
red velvet cake is a classic american dish but this recipe is a cupcake version of red velvet cake. This cake gets it red color from the red food color used. Personally, I don’t prefer food color and sometimes, I use beetroot for the reddish color.
red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
recipe type: baked snacks
serves: 2 – 3
red velvet cupcakes
- Self-raising flour – 1 and 1/4 cups
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- cocoa powder – 1 tablespoon
- unsalted butter – 1/4 cup
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- egg – 1
- vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- buttermilk – 1/2 cup
- red food color – 1 tablespoon
- baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- vinegar – 1/2 teaspoon
cream cheese frosting
- mascarpone cheese – 1 cup
- cream cheese – 1 cup
- icing sugar – 1 and 1/ cup
- heavy cream – 1 cup
- vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
how to make red velvet cupcakes recipe with cream cheese frosting
for red velvet cupcake recipe
1.Preheat an oven at 175-degree centigrade for 10 minutes. Line a 12 count muffin pan with muffin paper cups. Keep aside.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, and salt together. Keep aside.
3. Now whisk the butter and sugar until it is soft. Then add the eggs one by one while whisking till it forms a yellowish paste.
4. Now add the red food color to the buttermilk and mix.
5. Add one part of the flour to the egg mixture, fold it gently. Then add half of the buttermilk into it. Repeat the procedure till the entire flour and buttermilk gets mixed together.
6. Now add the vinegar to the baking soda and put this into the cake batter. Fold it gently and then pour it into 12 cupcakes/muffin paper cups in the muffin tray, baked them in a preheated oven at 175℃ for 18-20 minutes.
for cream cheese frosting
1. Whisk the cream and mascarpone cheese till they are soft.
2. Add the icing sugar and vanilla essence. Finally, add the heavy cream whilst whisking.
3. Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes, crush one of the cupcakes, and the sprinkle the crumbs on the frosting of the others.