Today, I am sharing an easy to make unniappam recipe which is made with rava / semolina. Rava unniappam is an easy to make and tasty snack recipe which can be made even for occassions. Today, I was planning to share payasam recipe with you all. But when I made this unniappam, it was so tasty that I couldn’t stop myself from sharing this tasty appam. So here is the tasty unniappam for you all. I have already shared the recipe of unniappam and wheat appam. this is an addition to the appam recipes. Now to the recipe..
|rava/ semolina||1 cup|
|baking soda||a pinch|
|rice flour||1/2 cup|
|cardamom powder||a pinch|
|coconut (scraped)||4 tablespoon|
|ghee||3 – 4 teaspoons|
1. Heat jaggery pieces with 1/2 cup of water. When it melts, filter it to remove the impurities.
2. Soak rava in just enough water for 1 hour.
3. After one hour, drain rava and add it in a bowl. Along with this, add rice flour, cardamom powder, scraped coconut, baking soda, mix it well. Add the melted jaggery to this and mix well. To this add mashed banana and mix well.
4. Heat unniappam pan, add 1 teaspoon of ghee in each pan. Fill each impression upto 3/4th full.
5. When the oil is very hot, reduce the flame to medium, and spoon in the batter upto 3/4 th in each hole.
6. Allow it to cook slowly until done. Once done, slowly, flip it to the other side. Once cooked properly, it will come out properly without sticking.
7. Remove and drain it into a tissue.
8. Your unniappam is ready to serve.
For onam recipes click on the pic below.
Other unniappam recipes
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving