rava toast recipe with step by step photos. This is an easy toast recipe made with rava or sooji and also called as sooji toast. This rava toast is one of the easiest and filling snack recipe one can make.
This easy to make rava toast can be made for breakfast or as a snack and tastes great with simple tomato ketchup. They are very crisp but one thing I have noticed is that they should be consumed hot. Otherwise, they become soggy upon cooling. Breakfast is always idli, dosa, chapati, paratha or other stuffs but when I am really busy and don’t have time, I make these tasty, crispy sooji toast for breakfast.
If you are using a iron tawa for making this rava toast, then grease the tawa well before using. Otherwise, there are chances that the sooji mixture may stick to the bottom of the pan. One more thing to be noted while making sooji toast is that, the mixture should be thick.
To make rava toast recipe, you need only very few ingredients like rava, onion, cumin seeds, green chili, capsicum and few other ingredients. Addition of tomatoes is optional. Usually, I don’t add tomatoes while making rava toast.
Any variety of bread like white bread, brown bread, multi-grain bread can be used while making sooji toast. If you are making rava toast for kids, then adjust the green chilies.
One or two tablespoons of grated carrots or cabbage can be added to the rava mixture will make the toast more healthy.
rava toast recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 15 mins
recipe type: snacks, breakfast
serves: 2 – 3
- sooji / rava / semolina – 1/2 cup
- bread slices – 4
- onion – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- ginger – 1/2 teaspoon, grated
- capsicum – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- green chili – 1 finely chopped
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- curd / yogurt – 2 tablespoon
- coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- salt – to taste
- oil/ butter / ghee – as required
How to make rava toast
1.In a bowl, add all ingredients except bread and oil. Mix well. Add a little water to make a thick batter.
2. Spread the batter over one side of the bread slice. It will look like a thick layer.
3. Heat oil / butter in a pan. When the tawa is hot enough, place the side on which the batter is applied to the tawa.
4. Cook on medium low flame until it becomes golden color. Flip the bread slice to the other side and cook until crisp. Cut the toast into equal triangles.
5. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
sooji toast recipe or rava toast recipe
- ½ cup sooji or rava or semolina
- 4 bread slices
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- ¼ cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon curd or yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- oil/ butter / ghee - as required
- In a bowl, add all ingredients except bread and oil. Mix well. Add water to make a thick batter.
- Spread the batter over one side of the bread slice. It will look like a thick layer.
- Heat oil / butter in a pan. When the tawa is hot enough, place the side on which the batter is applied to the tawa.
- Cook on medium low flame until it becomes golden color. Flip the bread slice to the other side and cook until crisp. Cut the toast into equal triangles.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.