Rava ladoo is one item which my mother always brings with her when she comes to visit us another one being ola pakoda. It is a sweet and exotic dish made with sooji or semolina. And as soon as the box is opened we start eating one by one. Rava ladoo can be made by adding milk to it and without adding milk also. But usually I make it with milk but when you use milk the shelf life gets reduced. This is an easy to make sweet recipe which is made during all festivals especially during Diwali. With these ingredients you can make around 10 ladoos. This is one such recipe which can be made and send along with kids snack box. Whenever I make this, I usually store a few in the refrigerator and send it for my daughter’s snack.
|rava / semolina||1 cup|
|cashew nuts||10 – 15|
|raisins||15 – 20|
|cardamom powder||1/4 tsp|
1. Powder the sugar and keep it aside.
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Add cashews and raisins separately, fry cahews till they turn color and remove them. Keep it aside. Then add raisins and wait till it puffs up. Remove them and keep them aside.
2. In the same ghee, roast semolina till it becomes light brown in colour. (The raw smell should go off). Keep it separately.
3. Heat a little more ghee and add thescraped coconut. Roast it for some time.
4. Now add the roasted rava and mix well.
5. Then add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and fried cashews and raisins.
6. Mix it once more.
7. Slowly add the milk little by little and mix well. Take a small portion in your hand and try to make ladoo. If you can make ladoo, then stop adding milk.
7. When the heat is bearable, take small portions and make balls out of that.
8. Store it in an airtight container.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and sharing