|semolina / sooji / rava||1/2 cup|
|ghee||5 – 6 tablespoon|
|water||2 1/2 cups|
|cashewnuts||10 – 15|
|raisins||10 – 15|
|cardamom powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|kesari powder||a pinch|
1. Heat a pan, add rava and roast until the raw smell goes off. No need to wait until it changes colour. Keep it aside.
2. In another pan, heat ghee, add cashewnuts and give it a quick stir. No need to wait till it becomes golden brown. Take it out and keep it aside.
3. Next add the raisins and wait till it puffs up. Transfer it to another plate and keep it aside.
4. Now add rava and roast until the raw smell goes off.
5. Mean while keep water for boiling. Now add the boiled water to the roasted rava carefully. It may spill.. Then add kesari color and mix well.
6. Mix it well until it becomes thick. Now lower the flame, cover the pan and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
7. Now add sugar and mix until it becomes watery. Mix it well until kesari starts leaving sides.
8. Now add roasted cashews and raisins, mix well and transfer to a serving dish.