rava holige recipe | sooji puran poli – tasty, quick and easy sajjaka holige recipe at home.
rava holige is a sweet recipe which is often prepared during festivals and functions like weddings, pooja and other important functions.
There are various popular holige recipes and this sooji holige is one among them. Holige is Kannada version of puran poli. It is also called as rava obbattu.
Let us see how to make rava holige recipe
rava holige recipe
for outer covering
- maida – 1 cup
- salt – a pinch
- saffron color – 1/4 teaspoon
- oil – 1/4 cup
- rava or sooji or semolina – 1 cup
- jaggery – 1 cup
- cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- water – 1 cup
- ghee – 1 teaspoon
how to make rava holige recipe – rava puran poli
for outer dough
1.Add maida to a medium sized bowl.
2. Add salt, a pinch of saffron color, salt and mix well.
3. Add water little by little and knead it to a soft pliable dough.
4. Add oil and let the dough rest for 1 hour.
5. Add 1 cup of water to a pan. Bring it to a boil. To this add powdered jaggery and stir till it melts.
6. Strain it to remove impurities. Pour the jaggery syrup to the same pan, add a teaspoon of ghee.
7. Add roasted rava, keep stirring to avoid lumps. Keep stirring continuously till rava is cooked well.
8. Add grated coconut, cardamom powder, mix well. Turn off the flame.
9. Allow the mixture to cool.
to make rava holige
10. Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
11. Now prepare balls out of the semolina stuffing, and keep aside.
12. Flatten the maida balls into a poori shaped size on your palm and place the sooji filling inside.
13. Seal the edges properly.
14. Now dust these balls with flour and roll it out as thin as possible.
15. Heat a griddle or a pan.
16. Fry these holige till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
17. Apply ghee on both the sides. rava holige is ready.