rajma sundal recipe | kidney beans sundal – a tasty south indian style rajma stir fry.
sundal is often prepared during Ganesh Chaturthi and Janmashtami celebrations. But apart from that, I also make it as a snack for kids. Usually I make peanut sundal, corn sundal, chana dal sundal, and many other recipes for nivedyam.
rajma sundal recipe
- rajma or kidney beans – 1/2 cup
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- urad dal – 1 tablespoon
- dry red chili – 1
- curry leaves – few
- ginger – 1/2-inch piece
- green chili – 1
- asafetida powder or hing – a pinch
- coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
- salt – to taste
- water – as required
how to make rajma sundal recipe ~ kidney beans sundal
1. To make rajma sundal, let us start by cooking rajma. Wash and soak rajma in enough water for 12 hours or overnight.
2. Then drain the excess water, rinse the rajma beans with fresh water.
3. Add the soaked rajma beans to a pressure cooker with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 2 cups of water. Pressure cook till rajma gets cooked completely.
4. Drain the excess water and keep the rajma aside. Do not throw away the water.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and saute till dal turns golden.
6. Then add curry leaves, grated ginger, dry red chili, hing. Fry for a second.
7. Add the cooked rajma, salt, mix well.
8. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes on a low-medium flame.
9. Add fresh grated coconut, mix well. Turn off the flame. rajma sundal is ready.