rajasthani khoba roti – a tasty roti recipe from rajasthan which can be served for breakfast or for dinner.
The word ‘khoba’ means indentation or cavity and that is how these rotis are prepared. This Indian bread truly unravels the mystery of the vast desert expanse.
They are best cooked in a gas tandoor but an ordinary g over gas will give you equally good results if cooked over a slow flame. Serve this roti hot, smeared with ghee with sabzi and pickles of your choice!
Let us see how to make rajasthani khoba roti recipe.
rajasthani khoba roti
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 25 minutes
recipe type: breakfast
- whole wheat flour – 2 cups
- ghee – 2 teaspoons
- salt – to taste
- kasuri methi or dry fenugreek leaves – a pinch
- ghee – for smearing and serving
- whole wheat flour – for dusting
how to make rajasthani khoba roti recipe
1.To make khoba roti, first add whole wheat flour, ghee, and salt to a bowl and mix well with your fingers. Add water little by little and knead it to a firm dough.
2. Divide the dough into 2 big and 2 small equal portions.
3. Take one portion, dust it with wheat flour roll it out into a 150 mm (6″) in diameter circle.
4. Heat a non-stick tawa or a griddle and cook the roti for approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side and transfer it to a plate.
5. Pinch the roti uniformly throughout using your thumb and first finger.
6. Again cook the roti on a tawa or griddle over a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes or till they turn golden brown in color from both the sides by pressing using a muslin cloth.
7. Repeat the same steps to make other rotis.
8. Serve rajasthani khoba roti immediately with ghee and any sabzi of your choice.